[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia not educational

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Apr 20 20:10:32 UTC 2003

Axel Boldt wrote:

>--- Daniel Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Also with math, there should be links on
>>the  tops of math pages to some glossary of math
>>notation, because you can't just put a link in every
>>(actually, any) mathematical symbol. Although it's
>>probably impossible to have a *complete* set of math
>>notation, I think having the basics down would help.
>>

>See http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_symbols

That such a question should come up at all suggests that we have a long
way to go on idiot-proofing Wikipedia.  And I would not consider
LittleDan to be an idiot.

There is no reason why you can't link to the table from the symbols.
 This would be useful the first time the symbol appears in an article.
 You can use the format [[Table of mathematical symbols|&#8751]].

Ec