[WikiEN-l] New additions to the guidelines/policies

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 21:21:06 UTC 2003

No, we shouldn't.  That's why Wikipedia is a collaborative effort.  Others with more knowledge can add what they know, which we do not.  It's not a user's responsibility to cover all material if they don't know it. Zoe

Daniel Ehrenberg <littledanehren at yahoo.com> wrote:> Not adding, this seems like political correctness,
> this is the type of rules I don't like, you cannot
> force americans to write enthusiastically about
> African cultures (or eastern philosophy for this
> example).

We should acknowledge, before writing the things about
the Western views, that other Eastern views exist, and
ask readers to report on it, mixing it with the
current article in the fashion described in the first
proposed addition for Wikipedia policy.