[WikiEN-l] Larry's text on the "Knowledge" article

Rotem Dan rotem_dan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 19:54:39 UTC 2003

Just stumbled upon the "Knowledge" article, and was
hit by shock and amazement:

"You come to a gas station and the gas station
attendant tells you: "I just heard from someone that
there was a big accident just around the big curve on
State Route 99. .."

"So let's get down to business, and ask: What is
knowledge? How can I define the word or the concept,
'knowledge'?"

"In other words, by the word "knowledge," we don't
mean simply whatever is generally regarded as true
these days by most experts"

In other words, a
western-americo-centric-article-written-solely-in-
the-point-of-view-an-almost-obscure-philosopher..
(If this sounds like trolling, then I apologize, I am
pretty angry right now.. :| )

With all the respect for wikipedia's founders, please
do not allow these tribute pages on wikipedia.
You-state-yourself-that-wikipedia-is-an-encyclopedia-,not
an-"Ideapedia"-or-tribute-shrine-for-your-beloved-favorite-
philosopher.
(Again apologizing for the trolling attitude)

Please consider leaving these type of texts as cites,
or book references (drived by the usual
wiki-consensus).

Rotem