[WikiEN-l] Ideapedia - after LittleDan

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 15:54:40 UTC 2003

No offence, but those ideas sort of would end wikipedia's life as an encyclopedia.  Maybe there should be a ([something that signifies original research]) after the title of an original research article.  Or, wikipedia could start another branch, maybe called something like allpedia, that would allow anything, no rules except copywrights, no replacing a long, well written article with a short one (even if the long one is POV) and that if an article is allowed in wikipedia the way you're writing it, you should write it there, not here. The sysops' only purpose would be to prevent the breaking of those rules (all of them) and ban anyone for three offences. the only page that could be protected would be the main page.
Stevertigo <stevertigo at attbi.com> wrote:LittleDan's original research idea is excellent (as are nearly all of his observations) - and Brian's further idea for a separate implementation is spot on! Many of us have had this idea - the question is implementation. Thinking about it a bit - the idea should be rather explicit - (under a general heading of course) and notarized as being the property "of the imaginer". But it should also be open as a wiki to allow for dynamic, and direct collaboration - at a brainstorming level!

This would be ideal for all involved - but an important point to make is that while the categories linking to subjects could be guides to these detailed synopses - the material itself is essentially entirely user-pages! Just like we like to have our own cheezy crap on WP as a /after to our own
usernames - This would be entirely that - Just userpages with their particular spews and rants and notions and LD50 test records online - Each user should also have ban priveliges for those pages - in case someone gets nuts or personal. The all of those LarrySanger/pages can have a home... :)

OR: WP gets loosened up - we use the WP as both encyclopedia and research platform - as well as a blog/links page/ file storage/Bomis babe report clippings.. etc... Just kidding... the problem with the meta is that its
tied to the WP in terms of purpose - and its under GFDL. Intellectual property - or potential ip should be dealt with as such - and the site that implements that kind of thing should act in some ways like a notary public. -Steven H. Vertigo