[WikiEN-l] blocking vandals

Daniel Ehrenberg littledanehren at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 23:46:41 UTC 2003

Perminant cookies would work, I'm just fundimentally opposed to them (actually, they would expire in 2038 (the end of the Unix Epoch) but that's different.). Jimbo- I think temporary bans would help for the reason Ed stated (but I accidentally deleted).  Perminant cookies are like spyware on someone's computer, whereas temporary cookies are like little temporary placeholders (I never was any good at anologies). Sorry for my slight randomness.
--LittleDan
 "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:Banning policy is 100% in the hands of Jimbo, the site owner. He apparently favors permanent bans. Since he has the ultimate responsibility for the project I hate to second-guess him; but I've made my views known.