[WikiEN-l] Re: 208.63.114.185

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu Apr 3 01:51:05 UTC 2003

John Knouse wrote:

>User 208.63.114.185 just extensively vandalized the "white
>oak" page and I just reverted it.  He not only vandalized it
>once, but four successive times.  This user is obviously a
>malicious jerk, and I strongly suggest banning him.

I was checking this out, and it occured to me that a neat feature would be:

A user contribs page, at least when being viewed by an admin (maybe anybody),
could indicate "This [username|IP address] has been blocked.",
so that I don't have to load the IP blocklist to see if it has been.

BTW, I didn't block this IP since it seems to have been
inactive for several hours.  But *persistence* in this behaviour
would make it a clear candidate for blocking as a vandal if it returns.

Ah yes, the other thing that we need on user contribs pages
is diff links next to each cited change.

-- Toby