[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia is not a creche

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Wed Nov 20 16:35:40 UTC 2002

Here's another thing WikipediaIsNot: a creche.

Lir's been learning to follow rules, sure: she's applying NPOV to such
entries as Star Wars (maybe the empire isn't evil) and Vampirism (maybe
Anne Rice didn't make that interview up).
Perhaps Ed will succeed in teaching her not to indulge in edit wars, but
she seems to lack the critical faculties required to work on this
encyclopedia -- those can't be taught quickl (if at all).
maybe she would be happier somewhere like Everything2 or H2G2 -- a more
"fun" site.

meanwhile, she is getting up more & more people's noses: see Talk:Battle
of Dien Bien Phu