[Wikien-l] Getting started

Michael R. Irwin mri_icboise at surfbest.net
Fri Nov 15 03:32:18 UTC 2002

Ed said:

> Hello, everybody, and welcome to the new WikiEn-L mailing list.
>
> Here, we will discuss the many problems and challenges facing the English-language Wikipedia.
>
> On the old Wikipedia-L mailing list, we will focus on topics of concern to all Wikipedias regardless of language.
>
> I am willing to be a moderator for this list, if it needs one and people want me to do it.
>
> Ed Poor

Excellent!  I was going to nominate
Mav but he takes on a lot already with
greeting, proofing, and coaching regarding
article titles.

A question to consider:

On meta issues that seem generally
applicable do we:

1.  Migrate them immediately
to the main wikipedia list for discussion
there with other language people or

2.  do we attempt to articulate the English consensus
or significant alternatives first and then engage the
other languages in discussion?

Regards,
Mike Irwin