[Wikide-l] Fwd: [Wikipedia-l] Dream a little...

Maurer, Martin MM183101 at ncr.com
Mi Okt 18 13:52:58 UTC 2006

Jimbo,

My 2 cents...

I think images and video clips would be potentially more interesting for
this purpose than text (because text can always be rephrased to avoid
copyright infringement - something we can't do with images). My personal
"wish list":
* Maps, such as good street maps, in vector graphics.
* Aerial views (such as those on Google Earth).
* Good photographs whenever it is difficult to get a free replacement
(e.g. of historical events - photos such as those used by the press).
* Illustrated books or comics that are no longer in print but whose
copyright will not expire for another 20 years or so.

This is material I would like to see freed, and that would be very
helpful for Wikipedia articles too.

Martin