[Wikide-l] Re: Directmedia: Die ersten 100 Bilder / the first 100 pictures

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Mi Mai 18 05:57:50 UTC 2005

Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> writes:

Thanks for this great contribution and for making it available on
commons!

> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:The_Yorck_Project
>
> '''en:''' Please tell me if there are any problems with the images
> uploaded so far, if not, I will proceed to upload the rest.

Basically, it is okay.  Two issues I'd like to see improved:

. On the Category:The_Yorck_Project page, it would be more helpful if
you could replace the filename and the image size with the name of the
Creator and the title of the work.  For the moment, the title can stay
in German, IMO.  Using the name of the Creator you can link to pages
like http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Albrecht_Dürer, where the reader
can find more info.  Every thumbnail picture is correctly linked to the
Image page.

. On the Image pages there is too much '''bolding'''.  IMO, it is not
necessary to render the language codes ("de", "en") bold, esp. in
combination with the prefixing bullet and the trailling colon it looks
too heavy.  ''de:'' would be strong enough.

> An Karl: Alle Datumsangaben sind jetzt im ISO-Format.

Very good, thanks a million!

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                           |      ,__o
                                                        |    _-\_<,
                                                        |   (*)/'(*)
Key fingerprint = F138 B28F B7ED E0AC 1AB4  AA7F C90A 35C3 E9D0 5D1C