[Wikibots-l] Suggestion replace.py

Russell Blau russblau at imapmail.org
Tue Oct 11 22:08:00 UTC 2005

"Peter van Londen" <wikipedia.pjetter at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> A suggestion for replace.py
>
> Due to the days when not all characters could be used (my guess), there
> are still wikilinks looking like this (in dutch):
>
> [[Servie|Servië]] or vice versa.
>
> Replace.py would correct this as following: [[Servië|Servië]]. Could
> someone maybe improve the bot so that it would be changed to [[Servië]].

It is not necessary to change the bot.  Just run it twice:  the first time
change "[[Servie|Servië]]" to "[[Servië]]".  The second time change all the
remaining "Servie" to "Servië".

Russ Blau
--
I don't actually read my hotmail account, but you can replace hotmail with
excite if you really want to reach me.