[Toolserver-l] Troubles with reading Articles

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 15:35:29 UTC 2006

On 3/28/06, Daniel Kinzler <daniel at brightbyte.de> wrote:

> >> [...] I wouldn't have any problem making a system with
> >> more resources than toolserver available for public use...  But my
> >> request there has also been ignored.
> >
> > That's my dilemma too.
>
> Uh, let me get that straight... you (GMaxwell) could donate a box? That
> would be great! Please talk to DaB about this, he's our contact to the
> e.V. My idea would be to have separate boxes for a) public, web-based
> tools, and b) another one for running massive queries on.

It wouldn't at all be a problem but I don't want to just end up with
more of what we currently have...  where simple requests just go
unanswered and usability falls through the floor.

I like the idea of two toolserver systems...  perhaps we should call
them toolserver lab and a toolserver production.   Toolserver lab for
massive queries and more development stuff while the web interfaces
(which tend to be replag sensitive) run on the front facing box.

This is worth more discussion I think.