[Toolserver-l] Troubles with reading Articles

Daniel Kinzler daniel at brightbyte.de
Wed Mar 22 23:59:20 UTC 2006

Hi all

To solve the external storage problem, I have written
<http://tools.wikimedia.de/~daniel/foo/WikiProxy.php>. It's not fast, as
it also pulls the pages via HTTP from the real servers, but it does
caching for dewiki, enwiki and commonswiki (I can add more on demand,
but I have to ask Kate to tweak grants for each new cache).

The more people use this, the better it works :)

I have also fiddeled with setting up an interface for WikiProxy that
bypasses the Web Server. If anyone wants to experiment with a shaky fifo
or plain TCP interface, tell me, I'll have another look at it.

HTH
-- Daniel