[Toolserver-l] Troubles with reading Articles

Leo Büttiker leo.buettiker at hsr.ch
Wed Mar 22 21:03:51 UTC 2006

Hi all,
For a toolserver-project I will read all Wikipedia (pwiki_de) articles and
parse them for geoinformation. After some troubles I've fixed now nearly all
bugs, but I have still some troubles with opening the articles.

I open the article with the help of the mediawiki functions in the following
way:
 $title = Title::newFromID($page_id);
 $art = new Article($title);
 $text = $art->getContent(true);

For some articles this work quite well, but for some it doesn't return text. I
think there's a problem with the compresion of the database (in a local
enviroment with a wikipedia dump it works), but I could't find out a
workaround. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Leo