[Textbook-l] wikiversity licensing

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu Aug 21 12:31:53 UTC 2003

Karl Wick wrote:

>Wow, there is an idea. We could limit the GNU parts to only
>those modules identified as containing imported GNU
>material, and do some serious damage control.

>Maybe each module could have the general Wikimedia license
>unless/until it was marked as GNU-limited.

>Does this make as much perfect sense to anyone else ?

I'm sure that this has come up before.
Remember the radio buttons?:

* This material is licensed to the Wikimedia Foundation
  for relicensing under any licence that the Wikimedia Foundation
  may deem appropriate in the future.
* This material is covered by the GNU FDL
  and is therefore licensed only under the GNU FDL.
* This material is covered by the Creative Commons BY-SA licence
  and is therefore licensed only under CC BY-SA.

(Although I believe that a previous version had better wording;
this is just off the top of my head.)

-- Toby