[Textbook-l] WikiU and wikibooks

Karl Wick karlwick at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 16:02:08 UTC 2003

I think that WikiU sounds great because:

* Communicates immediately what the site is about
* Simple and easy to remember for newbies
* Should be usable in other languages (at least its real
short even if the letter "U" means nothing in a language)

And it makes sense to me to include WikiBooks as a
subdomain of this site. ( books.wikiu.org ?)

The fact that universities are only one part of the
learning structure that includes notably K-12 should not be
a big problem. Universities represent the highest end of
the chain. (Maybe we could have subdomains for different
levels of school if that is what users demand.)

Question: will non fiction but non-textbook books be hosted
here ?

-Karl