[teampractices] [HUMOR]: Spaces are more lucrative than tabs

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Fri Oct 27 22:57:58 UTC 2017

I stumbled across this article a while back, and thought I would share it
on this Friday afternoon:
http://www.businessinsider.com/programmers-who-use-spaces-get-paid-more-than-those-who-use-tabs-2017-6

"Stack Overflow's data scientist David Robinson analyzed that data and
discovered that coders who use spaces earn on average nearly 9% more than
the ones who use tabs, even if they have the same amount of experience."

Before the datanerds[1] on this list have a violent reaction, the article
properly notes that "The survey points to a correlation, not a cause."

[1] I hope datanerd isn't seen as a derogatory term. To me, it's indicative
of respect and endearment.

Kevin Smith
Engineering Program Manager, Wikimedia Foundation