[teampractices] Patch review culture of Wikimedia teams

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 18 12:21:19 UTC 2016

Hej,

thanks for the reply!

On Tue, 2016-03-15 at 17:20 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> TPG generally focuses on process and inter-personal issues, and
> doesn't get into the tech itself.
> So our focus tends to be at the phab task level, rather than at the
> gerrit patch level.

As engineering tasks in Phabricator often require a code change going
through review, I'd consider code review a part of the process to get
Phabricator tasks resolved.
Technical implementation details ("Gerrit") shouldn't be the main point
of my request - it's rather the social aspect of interaction between
authors and reviewers, and potentially documenting best practices
across teams performing code review as part of their usual processes.

Do you agree with that understanding?

> I think most TPGers happen to be embedded into teams that receive
> relatively few external code submissions.

Let's ignore the "external contributions" aspect as I'd expect many
aspects of code review to also apply when reviewing internal
contributions.

Thanks,
andre

--