[teampractices] Code review before writing new code

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Tue Jun 9 16:35:54 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 9:25 AM, James Douglas <jdouglas at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> > staying focussed on their teams' priorities may in fact contribute to
> code review queues growing
>
> I disagree, unless the team's priority is "add to the code review queue".
> :]

I think Arthur's comment was based on the theory that a lot of the code to
be reviewed by a team may not be related to work that is not that team's
priority. There was a lot of that in the old core team, where they had to
review code in a variety of areas, and doing so slowed their coding
progress on work directly related to their quarterly goal. If they stayed
purely focused on their own priorities, code reviews (of code written by
people outside their team) would pile up.

Kevin