[teampractices] Phabricator's "Epic" tag...why?

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 1 18:23:54 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Bryan Davis <bd808 at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> I used it all the time for MediaWiki-Core and even had a saved
> workboard search to show only the epic tagged stories. What's so
> horrible about it?

I am really curious to know why it was helpful to you to see all the epics.

If teams really do find the Epic tag helpful, I'm fine keeping it. However,
I don't think any team should be obligated to use the Epic tag. What
triggered this thread was getting a "reminder" that an epic wasn't tagged
as such, and unless there is some tangible benefit to someone of adding
that tag to that story (and similar stories in the future), I would prefer
not to bother.

Kevin