[teampractices] Document what should be a column on Phab workboards and what better not?

Subramanya Sastry ssastry at wikimedia.org
Wed Feb 4 15:49:14 UTC 2015

I did not see this email till now. Yes, the Parsoid board is a weird mix
of columns right now .... I was experimenting with what makes sense and
I initially thought of making it process-specific, and then thought
perhaps it can be a place for easy access to different categories of
tasks which would otherwise be lost in the backlog .. and it actually
helped us fix a few things by surfacing them in the columns .. but the
net result was that it became a mix of different kinds of columns.

I think a dashboard that gives us a bird's-eye view of the various
subprojects (even if not the entire list of tickets) would have been
useful and I was probably abusing the workboard for it.

But, I am now thinking of removing some of the columns that can be
subprojects and use the custom queries that you mention below. But, the
custom queries would have to be bookmarks or be stored on some wiki page
.. so it does feel like there is a missing UI feature somewhere.

But, good practices and recommendations are welcome,

Thanks,
Subbu.