[teampractices] How to document future plans beyond the top goal for each team

Kevin Smith ksmith at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 9 15:50:22 UTC 2015

That seems functional and attractive. I'm curious how you ended up choosing
a Task (rather than a Project), and why that task only lists the sub-goals
(rather than blocking on them).

That might relate to this documented guideline:

"Creating *new* tracking tasks (tasks that "automatically" get resolved
when all its dependency tasks are resolved) in Phabricator is discouraged.
It is recommended to create a project
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects>
instead." [1]

I would be interested in hearing the history behind that policy so I can
understand the rationale.

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Project_management/Tracking_tasks

Kevin Smith
Agile Coach
Wikimedia Foundation

sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment.*