[teampractices] Project management tools evaluation: Your feedback needed

Stefano Maffulli stefano at maffulli.net
Tue Mar 18 04:17:05 UTC 2014

On 02/14/2014 06:49 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
> http://storyboard.openstack.org/ looks promising.
> How often is the code deployed to that instance?

I think it's continuously deployed but the only way to be sure is to ask
on #openstack-infra on freenode (they know more about the details)

> Are the evaluation criteria public which made you decide to start
> developing a tool on your own, and not go for something already
> existing?

Short answer is that none of the existing *free software* tools supports
OpenStack's workflow. We need to have a way to track design documents
(user stories, epics aka blueprints) across different projects and
similarly we need to be able to assign bugs to different projects. Some
of these features are available on Launchpad, some are not.

The design documents for storyboard should be on the openstack wiki, too
(currently offline, I can search for them if you can't find them).

Cheers,
stef