[teampractices] Things that would make Trello even better

quiddity pandiculation at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 01:14:54 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Jon Robson <jrobson at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On a side note,  I notice in Trello Gold there is a card aging
> feature. This might be useful to explore to bring attention to cards
> that hang around a long time. HAs anyone got experience of this?

We can turn on the stock "card aging" feature without Trello Gold. A few
boards used it, but most seem to have turned it off.
Currently the Mobile App Backlog board has it enabled. See the "greyed out"
cards on the left.
https://trello.com/b/h0B6QYBo/mobile-app-backlog
To test: click "subscribe" on any of those cards, to revive its full
color/youth.

The Trello Gold version of "card aging" is just a different skin, that
makes the cards appear to crack-with-age, eg.
http://rosinadk.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/trello-pirate.jpg
It's cute, but gets annoying rapidly, due to loss of legibility. (I assume
that's why most boards turned off the default "card aging", wherein
legibility is a lesser but slight problem.)

Official doc is at http://help.trello.com/customer/portal/articles/1463776
- I've sent them an email asking for details to be added there, regarding
what time-variables are used to determine the various levels of aging.