[teampractices] Scrum-y tools based on BZ (was Re: Scrumbu.gs)

Andre Klapper aklapper at wikimedia.org
Thu Oct 31 16:10:20 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 07:02 -0700, Toby Negrin wrote:
> At Yahoo one of the most popular agile tools was a front-end for BZ.
> It had charts, graphs, backlogs -- it was really nice.

Default Bugzilla is simply horrible when it comes to graphs displaying
trends over time, or any kind of useful dashboards.

Mozilla has recently (4.5/5.0) put efforts into creating dashboards like
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=productdashboard.html and
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=mydashboard.html (might require
an account on bmo).
When I asked two Mozilla Bugzilla developers at MozSummit four weeks ago
I was told that currently not many efforts go into upstreaming these
dashboards from bmo to Bugzilla, but that they cannot imagine reasons
why this shouldn't work on other Bugzilla instances.

There are also numerous Bugzilla add-ons listed on
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Addons (though most of them are dead
as the list is not curated).  If I had to experiment with one I'd
probably try https://github.com/bayoteers and its
https://github.com/bayoteers/AgileTools , simply because I know that it
is actively maintained by the Jolla (ex-Nokia) folks.

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/