[teampractices] How deviantART organizes its work

Matthew Flaschen mflaschen at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 5 20:46:35 UTC 2013

On 11/27/2013 10:32 AM, Quim Gil wrote:
> As part of the WMF hiring and onboarding process, we could ask
> candidates to fix
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Annoying_little_bugs

This could make sense for serious candidates, if the task is chosen
well.  But we also like to be able to send the same tasks to a lot of
candidates (before we know how solid they are)

We don't them all working on the same thing for actual bugs, though.

> during the interview process. Then new hires could spend their first
> weeks with a 50% time allocation to deliver one of
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mentorship_programs/Possible_projects
>
> as a way to familiarize themselves with our tools, ways of working, and
> community.

One big project like this is somewhat different from Reactor, I think.

Matt Flaschen