[QA] Proposal to close this list

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Thu Oct 31 11:32:30 UTC 2019

On 30/10/2019 11:46, Željko Filipin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I propose to close this list. I don't think it has any purpose.
>
> Group description[0] points to a page that is obsolete[1]. Archives[2]
> say that there's just a few announcements a month. There are no
> discussions.
>
> I think all announcements sent to this list could be sent to a more
> general list, like wikitech-l[3].
>
> What do you think?
>
> Željko
> --

Hello,

tldr: +1

The original intent was to split all QA / CI / Testing discussion to a
standalone list to ease communication and split it from the high level
traffic wikitech-l was at the time.  But over time indeed, the purpose
of the QA list turned out to be quite limited.

I only used it for announcements recently. Be it JJB update or Quibble
releases.  So I am also in favor of archiving / disabling the list
entirely and switch to wikitech-l.

Frederico / Nemo mentioned the use of mailman topic. Though I am not
sure it is enabled on mailmain by default. Then I guess just having the
convention of prefixing subjects with [QA] will be sufficient,
regardless of whether mailman process that or not.

Zeljko can you fill a task in phabricator to request the archival?  The
list page at https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/qa would have
to be updated to point to wikitech-l and a final mail to announce the
switch.

Antoine Musso