[QA] Browser tests weekly triage meeting

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Wed Sep 30 13:44:47 UTC 2015

# TLDR

Yesterday, Tuesday 2015-09-29[0] we had our regular browser tests weekly
triage meeting[1]. The meeting was 15:00-16:00 UTC. The next meeting is the
next Tuesday 2015-10-06 at the same time.

# More info

(Looks like I have not announced it before, sorry about that. I will make
sure to announce it regularly from now on.)

The meeting was simultaneously in #wikimedia-office IRC channel and Google
Hangout.

Dan, Antoine and I have triaged tasks in next, waiting, in-progress and
done columns of browser-tests board[2]. We ran out of time so we did not
triage to-triage and backlog columns.

A few examples of triaged tasks in mentioned columns.

In progress:

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T94083 Update repositories that use
mediawiki_selenium Ruby gem to version 1.x
  - action: Željko still working on it

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T94150 Fix or delete failing
browsertests* Jenkins jobs
  - action: Željko will ping engineering mailing list that we plan to
delete jobs that are broken for a month or so

Waiting:

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T113734 Fix or delete failing
ContentTranslation browsertests Jenkins jobs
  -  action: Željko will ask Amir to take a look at it

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T112748 All repositories that have
browser tests should be updated to the latest version of watir-webdriver
  - action: waiting for reviews

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T89353 Disable Selenium log when
running browser tests at Sauce Labs
  - action: Looks like the best thing to do is to update all repositories
to mediawiki_selenium 1.6 because it has a feature to log in via the API

Next:

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T111069 [Bug] fix no implicit
conversion of String into Integer (TypeError) in browsertests
  - action: Željko will fix it

- https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T110510 [Bug] fix negative argument
(ArgumentError) in browsertests
  - action: Dan will take a look

If you would like to attend the next meeting, just join us in the IRC
channel or Hangout. If you care about a task but can not attend the
meeting, just add it to the meeting notes wiki page[3].

If you think this announcement should reach a wider audience (wikitech-l@,
engineering@, ...), let me know.

Željko
--