[QA] Selenium user uploading files to Wikimedia Commons (production) was: Bawolff mentioned you on Wikimedia Commons

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Wed Oct 14 19:40:52 UTC 2015

Le 13/10/2015 18:57, Željko Filipin a écrit :
> I have sent this to the list a few days ago, but I have forgot to change
> the subject to something more descriptive. Resending with a better subject.
>
> Željko
>
> On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Željko Filipin
> <zfilipin at wikimedia.org
> <mailto:zfilipin at wikimedia.org>> wrote:
>
>     This is strange.
>
>     I have just replied that we are no longer using Selenium user or
>     testing at production[0], but looks like that user has uploaded
>     files today:
>
>     08:53, 9 October 2015 (diff | hist) . . (+92)‎ . . N
>     File:Test-1444373610.911328.png ‎ (Test image uploaded via python
>     script.) (current)
>     08:53, 9 October 2015 (diff | hist) . . (0)‎ . .
>     File:Test-image-rosa-mx-15x15.png ‎ (Selenium user uploaded a new
>     version of File:Test-image-rosa-mx-15x15.png) (current)
>
>     Anybody knows what is going on there?
> [0]
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Commons%3AVillage_pump&type=revision&diff=175068085&oldid=175058874

Hello,

After you confirmed on Commons village pump that we no more rely on the
'Selenium user', Maarten "Multichill" Dammers kindly blocked the user
this morning.

That caused the UploadWizard smoke test to fail:
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/UploadWizard-api-commons.wikimedia.org/
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T115465

Good point: we now know which jobs was producing the junk stuff on
Commons.   The block has been lifted.

After some conversation with Commons people, I have filled another task to:
* change the username being used. Will need to find how Credentials are
set in the Jenkins job and adjust them

* tweak the suite to add to the description page:
  {{subst:User:Selenium user/Filedesc}}

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T115469

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso