[QA] Quality-Assurance phab project

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Wed Mar 25 15:32:05 UTC 2015

<quote name="Chris McMahon" date="2015-03-25" time="07:52:27 -0700">
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 7:47 AM, Ċ½eljko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
> > The same question for #browser-test-bug project. Is anybody using it?
> >

> I use(d) it a lot. It was intended to mark bugs reported because they were
> found because browser test failure. This gave me an idea of how effective
> the tests had been over a period of time. Rummana may still want to use it,
> or someone else.

I'm indifferent to the use of browser-test-bug as long as it is actually
useful.

My thoughts:
Given that many teams watch their own browser tests and fix issues found
by them AND we want all teams to do that more, I'm not sure we can
mandate the use of #browser-test-bug easily. And if not, then we'll
surely be missing a lot of information and then the ability to use it's
data for a judgement on effectiveness. I could be wrong though.

Stats:
The number of total (open+closed) bugs in #browser-test-bug: 248
The number of bugs reported by RelEng team members: 217
The number of bugs reported by non-RelEng team members: 31

I think that tells us two things (not mutually exclusive):
1) We need more non-RelEng engineers watching their browser test builds
and reporting bugs.
2) We already do have engineers watching their browser test builds and
reporting bugs, they just don't use #browser-test-bug.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |