[QA] follow-ing up on iOS CI next steps (finally)

Greg Grossmeier greg at wikimedia.org
Tue Jun 23 21:28:41 UTC 2015

<quote name="Brian Gerstle" date="2015-06-15" time="18:47:47 -0400">
> Hey guys,
>
> Sorry for the *long* delay on this, but do you have time this week to talk
> about how we can move forward with iOS CI?  In particular, I'd want to
> answer:
>
>    1. Where do we get OS X build slaves? (DIY, VPS, Travis, etc.)

Whatever third party service, I guess, as discussed in Lyon.

>    2. How much support can we get with slave-related tasks (i.e. things
>    that aren't directly related to the iOS project)?

Like what?

> We need the answers to these two questions since they will have a large
> impact on how we get to "MVP," which I tried to spec tasks for here:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T98970.  I think Antoine has been helping
> the Android engineers with their CI setup, but wasn't sure how he was
> planning it or how much time he (or someone else from RelEng) would have to
> help with iOS.
>
> Let me know when would be a good day/time for you, and feel free to loop in
> anyone else you think should be involved.

Let's keep these discussions on the QA list; private email threads fail.

Greg

--
| Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
| identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |