[QA] Testing VCL changes?

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 17 19:26:08 UTC 2015

Hi Nuria,

You should probably request changes to the Varnish configuration in beta
labs through Brandon Black of the Ops team, and copy the mobile-l mail list
also. (The MobileFrontend team put Varnish on beta labs originally, and
they still keep an eye on it.)

As I understand it, the procedure is: propose a VCL change in
operations/puppet ; cherry pick the patchset on deployment-salt (puppet
master), run puppet on varnish box (should reload varnish).  Test, rinse
repeat.   You might need to pair with someone about how to apply patch on
deployment-salt.

-Chris