[QA] Keeping secrets safe on Jenkins

Stephen Niedzielski sniedzielski at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 19 18:34:11 UTC 2015

  Good point, Brian! Our teams, and as I mentioned earlier, I think other
teams must have very similar needs. One huge distinction between Android
and iOS is platform requirement. As far as I know, the iOS app can only be
built on OS X but the Android app builds on Linux, OS X, and Windows.
However, I think Android should prefer to use Linux since that's what most
of the infrastructure uses.

  In the lack of a preexisting solution, I would like to submit a ticket.
Are there any recommendation on how I should go about this and how to
figure out if getting a release server is something that can even be done
this fiscal year? It's worth mentioning that in addition to internal
solutions, we would be open to discussing a trusted third party SaaS
provider if that's more practical. Thanks!

--stephen