[QA] Keeping secrets safe on Jenkins

Stephen Niedzielski sniedzielski at wikimedia.org
Wed Aug 12 23:05:08 UTC 2015

  Assuming a better solution does not exist, I _think_ what I'm ultimately
asking for is a Zuul managed / JJB maintained private Jenkins instance only
accessible over SSH, if that makes sense. Is there anything like that?
There must be other teams in the foundation that need a secure release job
and we could either leverage their solution or they ours.

  The reason this is important is because we want to leverage all the
effort that's been put in to building the versioned, maintained,
homogeneous public WMF Jenkins instances, only privately and securely. We
want to avoid a homebuilt configuration sitting on a PC in the office that
we hope never breaks because it only makes sense to one engineer and they
are working on something else.

  I really appreciate the help on this question as well as all the support
that's been provided in getting our CI spinning up recently.

--stephen