[QA] New extension: ContentTranslation

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Mar 9 09:26:24 UTC 2014

Hallo,

I'm glad to announce a new MediaWiki extension in the family of extensions
being tested in our Cucumber / Cloudbees / Jenkins browser test setup:
ContentTranslation.

You can see the job here:
https://wmf.ci.cloudbees.com/job/ContentTranslation-language-stage.wmflabs.org-linux-firefox/

The initial failures happened during the setup, and we should keep it
green, of course :)

The ContentTranslation extension is being developed by the Language
Engineering team. Its purpose is to give Wikipedia editors an easier way to
translate articles - a two-column view that conveniently shows the source
and the target language and a selection of tools to make translation
easier, such as automatic link insertion, translation memory, machine
translation, direct access to dictionaries, and more.

The development started a very short time ago, so it's far from being fully
functional yet, but we are trying a development mode that is at least
partly test-driven. Follow the development to see how it goes. We also hope
to invite people for meaningful manual testing some time this month, so
stay tuned :)

Thanks a lot to Kartik Mistry and Željko Filipin for setting up the job,
and to all of the Language Engineering team for developing the extension
and setting up the test site in Labs.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬