[QA] [GSOC] Automatic Cross Language Screenshot Status

Vikas Yaligar vikasyaligar.it at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 19:12:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

As a part of my GSOC project of Automatic Cross-language Screenshot[1], I
wrote hooks[2] for VisualEditor, which takes screenshot and crops according
to the scenario(depending on which screenshot is required from VisualEditor
User Guide[3]).

Also I wrote a script which runs cucumber for multiple languages and
uploads(using mediawiki_api [4]) screenshot to commons. I deployed it in my
cloudbees[5] and it works :) This script[6], was written for experimental
purpose, so now I would be happy to know how and where exactly I can
achieve the same thing[where should I put the code, so that 1 job would
cover all languages in cucumber tests]). You can find the screenshot in
commons[7](which was taken in firefox by tests in cloudbees) and let me
know what you think about it.

Also I wanted to know how to zoom in my browser and then take screenshot,
so that cropped image is of high resolution[8].

Currently I am taking these screenshots for English, German and Hebrew beta
labs(other beta labs seemed to have some problems with VisualEditor). Also
there are no beta labs for some languages like Kannada. So where do I run
these browser tests? Amir Aharoni had suggested me some solutions:

* Creating new beta labs for different languages.
* Running it in real Wikipedias.
* [Needs confirmation]Hashar had found a way where wikis are created in
necessary language and with necessary extensions for a scenario or
particular type of browser tests.

I would be happy to know which of the above solution would be best, so that
I could get screenshots for different languages.

-
[1]: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Automatic_cross-language_screenshots

[2]: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/135616/

[3]: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:VisualEditor/User_guide