[QA] possible test data issue to be aware of: random users in beta/test2wiki

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Fri Jan 31 21:59:55 UTC 2014

Hi QAers,

For a long time now we have had automated tests that create new articles in
the beta labs and test2wiki test environments based on random strings.  So
far this has not been a hardship.

As of today, we have some tests for MobileFrontend that are not only
creating random wiki articles, but also are creating random users named for
example "User:NewUser1391202666" where the number part is actually a
timestamp.

We don't think that a proliferation of random users will be hardship, but
if it is, do please say something about it.

-Chris