[QA] Proposal for Zurich Hackathon: Production-like Vagrant

Arthur Richards arichards at wikimedia.org
Mon Jan 27 21:21:07 UTC 2014

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and feedback.

Bryan, it sounds like there is likely a way we could scratch eachother's
backs on this one. I'm not familiar with the concept of 'roles' in puppet,
so I'm not quite sure how our ideas overlap specifically - can you
elaborate? Do you have any thoughts about how we can piggyback our ideas?

Chris, I think getting CentralAuth working in this Vagrant environment is
crucial. It's one of the big stumbling blocks we've had in getting our
local instances configured to test things like login from mobile devices.
Are there specific concerns here that would prevent this from working?

Yuvi, I think the approach you describe sounds reasonable, and certainly
sounds more realistic to achieve during the hackathon. I would probably
consider approaching your hackathon goals in reverse order, as I think that
makes more sense from a prioritization perspective.

Ori, thanks much - we'll keep you in the loop. I'm really keen on seeing
this happen and am happy to try and shepherd this along for the hackathon.

Once there's a little more clarity, I'll set up a section on
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Z%C3%BCrich_Hackathon_2014/Topics.

--
Arthur Richards
Software Engineer, Mobile