[QA] Beta cluster running MW from scap copy

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 17 15:20:14 UTC 2014

I have changed the MediaWiki hosts in the beta project
(deployment-{apache0[12],videoscaler01,jobrunner01} to work from the
copy of MediaWiki code and config that the beta-scap-eqid Jenkins job
[0] creates on each host.

If this change is thought to be creating problems in beta and I'm not
around to troubleshoot, the old behavior of running from the NSF
mounted shared directory can be restored by changing the
/usr/local/apache symlink on each host mentioned above to point to
/data/project/apache again. There is a tiny shell script at
~bd808/use-apache-nfs.sh that will do this.

At this point I can say that scap is deploying the beta code. There
are a few things that need to be cleaned up before I declare victory,
but the fundamental mechanism is working. \o/

[0]: https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/beta-scap-eqiad/

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA