[QA] hover and scroll

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Fri Sep 27 17:01:40 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> n hover. There is a .hover method in WebDriver (or is it PageObject? I'm
> never sure), but it seems that it only works if the element is in the
> viewport. What's the right way to make it work?

A couple of suggestions:

I found that instead of doing 'element.hover' that doing
'element.fire_event('onmouseover') was more effective.  I thought I had an
example in a repo but I can't seem to find it.

Alternately, if you send some action like a click or a downarrow to the
element, that should bring the element into view so .hover could work.
 (See the last 2 comments here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3401343/scroll-element-into-view-with-selenium
)