[QA] Selenium bug affects VisualEditor tests

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 23 16:17:12 UTC 2013

I've done a bit of research this week and I think I isolated a bug in the
Selenium FirefoxDriver.

This affects our ability to test cursor position for VisualEditor properly
in Firefox.  Chrome seems to be OK.

I've had brief discussions with Jari Bakken (maintainer of
selenium-webdriver and watir-webdriver) and David Burns (lead automation
guy for Mozilla/Firefox), I'm hoping to get some information about a fix
soon.

I reported the issue here:
https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=6455 .  Feel free to
run the script there to reproduce the issue yourself, and feel free to add
a comment of your own there if you'd like.

-Chris