[QA] check out beta labs!

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 22 23:10:43 UTC 2013

http://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Main_Page

As of a few minutes ago, beta labs should be fully functional over http as
well as over https/SSL.

Because we do not yet have valid certs for the *.wmflabs.org hosts, and
because we were only allowing certain actions over https, many users have
been having a frustrating experience with things like logging in and having
styling display properly.

That should all be behind us now.  Please feel free to try out the beta
test environment (again), and let us know what you think.

And I encourage you to log in and set your preferences to use VisualEditor
in Chrome and Firefox, we are really working on the heart of editing the
wiki in VE now.

-Chris