[QA] Test_page env variable and url visited

Tomislav Plavcic tplavcic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 21:20:33 UTC 2013

I did see the KEEP_BROWSER_OPEN variable in the readme file but I
thought that the browser then stays open after one scenario (which it
does) and runs the next scenario in the same window (which it
doesn't). I tried it now and see that it opens different browser
instances for each scenario and all stay open...

Thank you Zeljko and Chris!

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Chris McMahon <cmcmahon at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Ċ½eljko Filipin <zfilipin at wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tomislav,
>> On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 1:05 AM, Tomislav Plavcic <tplavcic at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> When a test fails maybe it would be good that it prints a url visited
>>> so I can check a tested page manually -
>

> If you just need it for temporary debugging, you can always add a 'puts'
> line inside the steps file at the appropriate place:
>
> puts @browser.url
>
> will print the current url to the terminal.
>
> -Chris

Tomislav Plavcic
Theoretically, if I cut costs enough we'll be profitable without
selling any products... Dilbert