[QA] using mediawiki-selenium

S Page spage at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 8 05:12:27 UTC 2013

I know I'm probably jumping the gun, but while moving Chris' tests for the
Flow extension into the extension, I tried using mediawiki-selenium.

If I add it to Gemfile, then the minimum set of files I need in my local
tests/browser directory is

config/config.yml
features/support/env.rb
features/support/modules/url_module.rb
features/support/pages/article_page.rb
Gemfile     <-- with gem 'mediawiki-selenium' added
Gemfile.lock

(Plus of course the specific features, step_definitions, and page
definitions for Flow tests.)

However, if I edit env.rb to require 'mediawiki/selenium', then Ruby
complains about a missing rest_client. Should `sudo bundle install` pick
that up as a dependency of mediawiki-selenium, or must I add it to my own
Gemfile?

It's nice to see this.  DRY :)

--
=S Page  Features engineer