[QA] Introduction

Rachel Thomas rachelthomas_99 at yahoo.com
Wed May 29 20:18:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

My name is Rachel Thomas, and as Chris mentioned in an earlier post, I have been a volunteer for the QA group for some time working on gerrit and Ruby/Cucumber/PageObject.  I'm excited that I have been chosen as one of the Gnome FOSS Outreach Program for Women interns (https://live.gnome.org/OutreachProgramForWomen). I will be doing my internship on browser test automation with the Wikimedia QA Group from June 17, running till Sept. 23rd. I will be working on automating the new Visual
Editor feature for QA (see here for my VE automation proposal: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Outreach_Program_for_Women#Candidates ) and possibly automating other features as well.
I live outside of Boston, MA in the EDT time zone, with my husband and our 10yr.old daughter and 14 yr. old son.  I am rachel99 at freenode, mostly in #wikimedia-dev. I am
rachelthomas_99 at yahoo.com on email, and I will be starting a blog very soon, as part of my OutreachProgram internship. I will let you know the blog address after I have set it up.
I look forward to working and learning from all of you! If you have any questions, please let me know.
Rachel