[QA] @test2 questions

Rachel Thomas rachelqa99 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 20:43:37 UTC 2013

Zeljko and Chris,

I found a discrepency between Mediawiki and test2 wiki today. I tried to
use the test2 wiki to run my visualeditor_reference test, as Chris
indicated test2 visual editor is now at the same VE level as Mediawiki VE.
Set it to test 2 using this:
MEDIAWIKI_URL=http://test2.wikipedia.org/wiki/

I found out the test bombs out after logging in as selenium user.  However,
when using Mediawiki my test continues to run and does not bomb out, so I
used that wiki today to move my tests forward.  What I think is happening
is that it is now doing central authentication for the Selenium user on
test2, which is an extra step.  It doesn't do this central authentication
for Selenium user on MediaWiki.
Do we want to sync these 2 wikis up so they authenticate in the same way,
so our tests will run the same on both?

Also, for some reason  I can't seem to get the syntax correct for the
@test2 instance in the visualeditor_reference.feature file.  I tried this:
@test2.wikipedia.org/wiki/ @login  for the first line in the file, plus
other variations but they are never picked up.  I have to set the
MEDIAWIKI_URL to test2 at the shell level in order to get it to use test2.
Is @test2 supposed to work on the fly when running my test scripts?

No rush looking into these questions as I know you are busy with automation
workshop tonight.  Good luck with that!

--Rachel