[QA] How MediaWiki, software that runs Wikipedia, is tested

Željko Filipin zfilipin at wikimedia.org
Fri Jun 7 12:31:50 UTC 2013

Hi Tomislav,

comments are inline.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Tomislav Plavcic <tplavcic at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could talk a little louder :).

Really? I was to quiet? That would be the first time. :)

> Regarding the content, you had a
> demonstration
> of the bug in the procedure that generates a link to the pdf document
> if it didn't
> generate the link within limited time frame (if i'm correct). To me it
> felt you could
> find a better demo example (because it did work but just not in that
> limited
> time frame) - but that's only my opinion and i'm not saying it's not a bug.
> Everything else was perfect and the topics were explained clearly.

Yes, that was not the perfect example, it was something I was working on
these days.

I plan to slightly change the talk. At DORS/CLUC conference I have focused
the talk on tools (Ruby, Selenium, Cucumber...). For Selenium conference I
plan to focus the talk on problems that our test automation framework
solves (communication - Cucumber, maintainability - page object pattern,
managing environments - RVM and Bundler...). The time will tell if that is
better.

> > I plan to rehearse the talk for Selenium conference this week. Anybody
> > interested in helping me rehearse it via Google Hangout or Skype? It
> would
> > be a good practice for me, and you would get the chance to ask questions
> > and help me make a better talk.
>
> I'm in if i'll be free at the given time. There will be other :) questions.

 I ran out of time, so not live rehearsal is planned for this week.

Željko