[QA] [Wikisource-l] Issues with ProofreadPage

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:24:59 UTC 2013

Andrea Zanni, 05/12/2013 15:09:
> Thank you Thomas,
> I will copy and paste this message on the Italian Scriptorium.
>
> I perfectly know that the maintenance work of the (beloved)
> Proofreadpage extension falls almost on you and other brave heroes,
> and I would like to thank you for that.
>
> My question in fact is:
> how could we help you?[...]

Tpt mentioned testing. Cc quality assurance list: if they're available
to give some pointers, maybe experienced Wikisource users could help by
writing a bunch of acceptance tests/feature descriptions, i.e. "stories"
of how things are supposed to work, in plain English, designed to be
later made into "proper" regular tests.
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Quality_Assurance/Browser_testing/Writing_tests>
This is an example (I don't know how current) for another extension,
ULS.
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Language_Testing_Plan/ULS_Test_Scenarios>
Coding, refactoring, maintaining and running such sets of tests is a
huge burden, but writing down things could make it easier to choose a
subset of them to focus on/commit to.

Nemo