[QA] Next SF workshop in September

Chris McMahon cmcmahon at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 22 17:33:33 UTC 2013

What i the best wording for the title of the workshop:

> "Analyzing failed automated browser tests"?
>
> We need a short description too.

No, we something way sexier than that.  This is marketing...

Something like
----

"Epic fail: figuring out Selenium test results"

Your Selenium test failed.  Maybe your test environment has a glitch... or
maybe your test isn't well designed... or maybe the application changed
without you knowing it...  or maybe, just maybe, your test found a bug.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what a browser test failure means.  In this
live, hands-on session we'll we will look at real examples running against
real features in public test environments to take a close critical look at
real browser test failures and what they mean.

We will present analysis techniques applicable to any test framework, but
we will show specific sophisticated examples from our Cucumber and Page
Object framework that uses RSpec assertions.  Along the way we will examine
how to set up builds of Selenium tests in Jenkins, and we'll look at test
result steps archived at Sauce Labs with video playback of failed tests.

At the end of the session, participants will be able to reason about
browser test failures with some authority, and will be familiar with how to
work with the browser test failures that WMF makes public, in order to
contribute to the discussion of quality at WMF:  not only quality of
applcations, but also of test environments and of test design.
 ----
How's that?

> Ah, and a date. :) Do you already know when will you both be in SF and
> available?

Zeljko and I will both be in SF Sept 9-20