[Mediawiki-l] Math formula support

Yusuf Mohsinally yusufm at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:02:23 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to get math formula's to appear. First I got the following:

Failed to parse (Missing texvc executable; please see math/README to
configure.): \sqrt 9 = 3

then I compiled and installed the texvc executable. Now I get the following:

Failed to parse (unknown error): \sqrt 9 = 3

The only change (other than copying the texvc executable to the /math/ dir)
is to make the setting in LocalSettings.php to:

$wgUseTeX                = true;

P.S. I am getting mediawiki hosted, so I don't have full run of the apache
server, etc...

Thanks.